I have just completed one of the activities in week 9 learning path. We were asked to answer the question ‘what do you know about lesson planning?‘
I answered this with questions I would be asking myself when I develop a lesson plan. Here are some of my answers:
- What is it exactly that I would like the students to learn?
- What prior knowledge do the students have on this learning area?
- What will engage students the most?
- What are students strengths and weaknesses?
- What does the school curriculum require to be taught?
- What resources are available?
- What teaching strategies best suits this topic and students learning?
- What do I as a teacher need to learn about the topic to effectively teach it to the class?
- What is currently happening within the school, themes, events which could be linked to the lesson/s?
- What are my strengths and weakness as a teacher? How can I over come my weakness? Will I have time to practice and develop the lesson plan so I can strengthen my knowledge and confidence?