As my son is still snoring his head off and having a sleep in, I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to get another post done, so here we go!
Alongside EDC3100, I am studying SPE3003, and SPE3009. As I was reading my weekly module for SPE3009 I found many useful ICT resources that are beneficial to special needs students, primary students, and generally any children who may struggle with literacy!
- Jolly Phonics – Using a multi-sensory method, students learn literacy through synthetic phones.
- THRASS – (Teaching Handwriting Reading And Spelling Skills) paradigm shift in teaching phonetics.
- Letterland – Multi-sensory system for teaching children to read, write, and spell.
- MultiLit – (Making Up Lost Time In Literacy), effective literacy instruction.
- Sound Waves – “Your whole school phonemic approach to spelling”.
- Ants in the Apple – Large number of texts grouped by strand, with a range of classroom resources.
- Letters and Sounds – Builds students speaking and listening skills.
- Starfall – Letter-sound correspondences (sight words).
- Scootle – Teachers recourse
- Teachers Pay Teachers – Teachers resource